The Almada beach (Praia da Almada) is a small reserved beach, a really good option to go with the family.
It has white sand and calm sea, almost a swimming pool.
Great beach for children since it also has good infrastructure.
Besides the good tourist infrastructure, it keeps the characteristic of a fishermen village, with lush vegetation and calm, green waters.
It is a beach with breathtaking scenery, surrounded by nature. The road itself to reach the beach presents with breathtaking visuals.
The local community tries to make people environmentally conscious, by keeping the beach clean. It possible to go on a Almada Beach, ideal for surfing.
Table of contents:
- Tourist infrastructure
- Inn and Hotels
- Things to do in Praia da Almada
- Photo gallery
- Shrimp Festival Photo
- How to get there
- Nearby beaches
- Near the beach there are free and paid parking. Paid parking lots are administered by a local Association.
- It has some charming chalets, small inns and houses for rent.
- It has good restaurants and beach bars serving a fresh and traditional food. Some offer bathrooms and showers.
We indicate the charming little chalets facing the sea:
- We are also recommend to visit Engenho Beach (Praia do Engenho), accessed by a staircase at the end of Almada on the left side. It is an easy and tranquil way to go, only a few steps crossing the rocks that separates the two beaches.
- If you have a more adventurous spirit you can also visit Praia Brava da Almada, accessed by a trail that starts more or less in the middle of Engenho Beach.
- Every year, in July, it hosts the traditional Shrimp Festival.