The visitors Center for Tamar Project in Ubatuba is one of the mainattractions in the city, and it receives around 100,000 people per year.
In an area of 2,100m², in a complex of tanks with more than 200,000 liters of sea water, several sea turtles of four species are exposed, from small puppies to animals weighing more than 120 kilos.
Each visitteaches a little more about the sea turtles, the measures for preservation taken by Tamar Project, and visitors canparticipate in interactive activities, which follow a monthly schedule.
- Aquariumn: The highlight is the aquarium with artificial beach and panoramic view, where the visitor can observe the submerged turtles.
- Tanks: There are five observation tanks and five more terrariums with terrestrial and freshwater turtles.
- Replicas and silhouettes: There are replicas, silhouettes of life-size sea turtles, and a mock-up of a nest showing the birth of sea turtle cubs.
- Museum: A museum with biological pieces such as bones and skeletons.
- Leisure and shoppins
- Guided visits: The circuit of visitation is accompanied by trained monitors, all university students of courses related to the environment.
- Animal feeding: Between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., it is possible to monitor daily the feeding of the animals in the aquariums and tanks.
- Phone: +55 (12) 3832-6202 | +55 (12) 3832-7014
- Address: Rua Antonio Athanásio, 273 – Itaguá – Ubatuba – SP
- E-mail: [email protected]
- During school holidays (December to February and July): every day from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
During the school year
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Holidays, Friday and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday closed for maintenance
Official website Tamar Project Brasil: www.tamar.org.br