Leaving Caraguatatuba, this is the first beach of Ubatuba with direct access by the highway. It is one of the most famous and visited beaches in the city.
Beach with 2 km of extension, the Maranduba Beach together with Sapê and Lagoinha beaches (to its left) forms one of the largest continuous shores of Ubatuba, with about 7 km of extension.
It is very appreciated by families since it is excellent for swimming due its calm waters, good for bathing and diving.
The beach also has a beautiful view of Maranduba and Pontal islands.
- It has several kiosks.
- Maranduba has an excellent structure, with a good network of inns, hotels, chalets, apartments and other types of accommodation.
- It also has many shopping, shops and restaurants options.
- There are places to stop the car, with blue zone.
Inns, hotels and lodging
Maranduba Beach has several lodging options. Naturam indicates the establishments below:
Things to do
- Well worth the visit to the Nossa Senhora de Fátima Church (Castelo Arautos do Evangelho) -a monastery with a different construction from everything you’ll see in the city – located about 5km from the beach.
- On the beach it is possible to practice sports like surfing and stand up paddle. At the beach you can rent surfboards.
- You can not miss the opportunity to slip on the huge waterslide. More information here
- Another option that you will surely find in Maranduba in the high season is schooner tours to Bonete beach (Praia do Bonete). During the tour you also have the opportunity to take a dip in the open sea.
How to get there
- Praia da Lagoinha
- Praia do Sapê
- Praia da Caçandoca
- Praia da Caçandoquinha