The Ubatuba Aquarium is a private enterprise, founded in January 1996 by a group of oceanologists.
It iswell-known as one of the best aquarium, in South America. It is also considered one of the best options of educational leisure in São Paulo North coast, with around 130 different species, from sharks to penguins.
The oceans and seas occupy more than 70% of the planet’s surface and are fundamental to the existence and propagation of life itself.
This importance inspired the creation of this project, whose main objective is the preservation of coastal and marine environments through environmental education and applied research.
The Aquarium of Ubatuba offers its visitors the opportunity to get to know the marine life closely, and among its attractions 12 saltwater tanks (among them one of the largest marine tanks in Brazil, with 80,000 liters), with representatives of local fauna and other oceans.
Contact tank: the tank allows the contact between visitors and many specimens of marine animals such as cucumbers and sea stars, sea urchins, lobsters and others, always with the guidance of specialized monitor.
Pinguinário: it is an attraction where the visitor can see up close the curious and fascinating Magellanic Penguins, and feed them in a very interactive way (see Ubatuba Aquarium’s internal programming).
- Sunday to Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday open from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- During school holidays and holidays, the Ubatuba Aquarium is open from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Aquarium website: aquariodeubatuba.com.br
- Address: Rua Guarani, 859 – Itaguá – Ubatuba – SP
- Phone: +55 (12) 3834-1382
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/aquaubatuba
Photos from Aquarium Website